Top 10 Questions to Ask Tax Preparation Company and its Tax Preparer
Keep in mind that you are the employer, so you should not be afraid to ask the following questions:
- What is your educational background? Is your degree in accounting or tax?
- Tell me about your accounting and tax experience? How long have you been in the tax business?
- What is your pricing “relative” to someone with similar accounting and tax background?
- Do you close during most of the off tax season?
- What would most of your clients say that make your accounting and tax preparation service unique?
- What kind of clients do you work with?
- Are you conservative or aggressive?
- What other tax, accounting, and financial matter resources do you have?
- If I get a tax audit letter, how do you handle this?
- How do you maintain my documents?
Finding the right accountant who has credential with extensive experience in both accounting and taxation requires effort. Hiring someone carelessly, however, is not a viable solution. Make the smart decision by doing your homework.
About the Author: Kiak Tae is the CEO of ITS Financial Group, an integrated tax and financial consulting firm in Gardena, CA. Kiak received a bachelor’s of arts degree in economics from Haverford College in Pennsylvania and received his certificate as a Certified Financial Planner from the College for Financial Planning in Colorado. Kiak’s experience can be traced back to major financial institutions such as J.P. Morgan and AIG and has been serving clients within the financial industry for over 10 years. As Kiak diversified his financial expertise, he has amassed the following licenses to meet your financial needs: Enrolled Agent, CA Real Estate Broker, NMLS Mortgage, Series 7, Series 66, Series 24, CA Life and Health, and CA Property and Casualty. He regularly writes and distributes educational articles related to tax and financial contents.